Sunday, July 11, 2010

I like my nude photos: Helen Mirren

Oscar winner Dame Helen Mirren has laughed off suggestions that she is too old to pose naked.

The 64-year-old recently posed naked for a magazine shoot, which was criticised by some who said a woman of a certain age should not bare all, reports digitalspy.com.

"I like the photos because I thought they were naked in the proper sense of the word naked. I've got very little make-up on. There's no elaborate lighting. He (photographer) just used a flash. And it's simple and it's real. I think that was the intention of the photographs," said Mirren.

"They weren't intended remotely to be sexy, I think sex and nudity are really two different things, you see, but then I'm a bit weird like that. Sometimes nudity is sexy. Sometimes it's not. Sometimes being clothed is more sexy than being nude. I think people tend to get the two mixed up," she added.

Mirren is currently filming for "Love Ranch", which is being directed by her husband Taylor Hackford.