Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What made you get into acting?
I am a creative person and I wanted to explore my creativity. I found this to be the best medium.


You worked in South films before your first Bollywood appearance in Khalbali... It’s a one-of-a-kind experience.

Being a Punjabi girl, working in a South film was really a challenge for me. But I got to learn a lot from them. I’m a fast learner so it wasn’t that difficult for me. I got a chance to improve on my dancing skills as well.

What has it been like working in Bollywood so far?
I feel wonderful and lucky to be working here. I’m really grateful and thankful to the people I have worked with, and those that I will work with in the future. Yes, I feel great, being a part of this industry.

What is your opinion on the casting couch?
I believe the word ‘casting couch’ has been elaborated a lot, though it hardly exists. People have given undue importance to it. Exploitation can happen in any industry and not necessarily only in the glamour industry.

Have you taken any formal training in acting?
I have done theatre in Delhi in the beginning of my career.

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
Surely I will be in Bollywood as a successful actress.

What do you do when you chill out?
I relax at home, listen to music. Play with my puppies.