Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Paparazzi are dangerous

Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio has vowed to stay away from the paparazzi and has branded them " disrespectful and dangerous".

The 'Aviator' actor admitted that he has been trying his level best to keep away from the paparazzi, since he became a major Hollywood phenomenon. "Actually I''m not in the tabloids anymore. I am sometimes, but I''ve watched the culture change. I''m old hat. And I love it. You know what it is with me? This is something I''d like to clarify. I''ve heard people say, ''Because you hide, it makes you seem ungrateful," Contactmusic quoted DiCaprio, as saying. The 34-year-old actor revealed that he is abhorrent of the fact that the paparazzi try to make a living by intruding into his private life. "The mere fact that these - I''ll use the word piles - are earning money from exploiting my image is the only reason I hide myself or am not a photo-friendly person. I do not like the way they conduct themselves. I think they''re disrespectful and dangerous. "The reason I don''t pose or smile or that I seem mad is that I don''t want them to make a living off my private life," he added.