Sunday, December 21, 2008

I love the hospitality of Punjabis: Shah Rukh Khan


In his recently released, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Shah Rukh Khan plays the role of an employee of Punjab Power. The considerable part of this film was shot on location in Punjab state. Shah Rukh shares with his Punjab experience and why it was special for him shooting there.

"Shooting for our film at the Golden Temple in Amritsar for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was a great experience. In fact it was a blessing in disguise or else I would have never visited the place. Secondly shooting with people moving around it was different. We usually shoot in secluded places or on the sets." says SRK.

"Once I entered the Golden Temple I felt I am blessed that I could get access to a holy place like this. I could go and 'teko matha' I got the Kada I got the Prashad, I prayed for my family for the film and everybody I know.

As an actor I do get to go to lot of beautiful places. But here it was different we were shooting with people moving around, they were really kind because everybody comes to think about Rab there nobody is really there to think about a shooting but I felt really nice having shot in the Golden Temple and great experience spiritually and off course filming wise it looks beautiful on screen" he further adds.

The King Khan loved the hospitality of the Punjabi's, "I have done a lot of films in Punjab or different parts locales but Punjab's on the whole are very lovable, hospitable.

They always feed you well so you get great food, great hospitality and you get great locations and you get great great crowds so we had lots of crowds there which is the only issue when you are shooting but they are really well mannered and really nice" he tells us.

Well the blessings surely seem to be working for Shah Rukh Khan and Yash Raj films this time with Rab Ne taking a bumper opening in Punjab and other Northern states of India.