Wednesday, September 23, 2009

‘The Sugababes have ended’ says original member Mutya Buena

Original Sugababe Mutya Buena said the band has “ended” now that Keisha Buchanan has been booted out.

With Jade Ewen replacing the last founding member of the group, Mutya doesn’t think the Sugababes should continue.

The 24-year-old told BBC6music: “It kind of doesn't make sense that there is Sugababes any more. I don't know if it's just me, but Keisha being the original that was left out of the band, her leaving doesn't make it Sugababes really."

“I don't know how they replace her or carry on without her. I just think it's really sad.

“To me it just means the Sugababes have ended really, not in a bad way, but because there are no original people remaining.”

Mutya also claimed that she had been up for a reunion before Keisha was axed, but now she’s not interested.

She said: “If Keisha was still in the Sugababes, I would have blatantly gone in there and done a few shows with them just because it's been a few years."

“But I just don't feel interested any more. It's kind of taken the excitement away that one day we'd be able to go on stage and sing again together."

Mutya has also been hinting about an original Sugababes reunion – find out more here