Saturday, February 20, 2010

'Got TV show for birthday'

Victoria Justice has reportedly joked that she got a television series for her 16th birthday.

According to Just Jared, the former Zoey 101 star - who stars in the upcoming show Victorious - told the latest issue of Six7*8th magazine that she celebrated her birthday with Nickelodeon.

"I wasn't expecting anything, so I got really emotional and started to cry," she is quoted as saying.

"The whole cast was there, in addition to my mum and all my friends at the network. It meant a lot to me."

She added: "Dan Schneider, the executive producer and creator, said to me jokingly, 'Some kids get a car for their sixteenth birthday, but I got you your own TV show.' It’s a pretty awesome gift."

Victorious is scheduled to premiere on March 27.