Thursday, March 25, 2010

Very supporting Manisha Koirala

Manisha Koirala had acted in the female lead roles in blockbuster films 'Bombay' and 'Mudhalvan'. Lastly, she was spotted performing female lead opposite Superstar Rajnikanth in 'Baba' and later avoided acting in Tamil films as she concentrated in Hindi films.

After a long gap she is back in Tamil film through 'Mappillai', which is a remake of yesteryear super hit film with the same title.

Manish Koirala is donning the role of Dhanush's mother-in-law in this film. When asked he whether she was disappointed donning the role of an elderly mother-in-law role, she said, ” I always feel that I am an actress first.

Earlier I had acted as mother of two children in the film Bombay. I was 22 years old then. Now I am not disappointed doing the role of mother-in-law. It is most pleasurable experience acting in Mappillai.

Dhanush is a talented actor. He works very hard. I have not seen the whole film of Rajni starrer Mappillai. I had seen only some few scenes. I don't want to reflect the character precisely. I am doing this role in my own style.

Adding more, she uttered, “I am happy that I am back in Tamil films. I met my old friend Aravindsamy. I relished the Chettinad food dishes. I went to Tirupathi temple.

I had bought lot of clothes. There was a lot of gap in Tamil films after Baba. I did not act in Tamil films because I did not get good stories. I have got a meatier role in Mappillai. I have also been signed for a Malayalam film.”