Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tiger Woods's golf coach resigns

Tiger Woods's golf coach Hank Haney resigned on Monday.

He reportedly informed Woods that he was quitting via a text message.

"I believe at this time that it is in both of our best interests for me to step aside as Tiger's coach," read a statement Haley sent to The Golf Channel.

Speaking to KTCK-AM sports radio in Dallas, Haney said: "I texted him last night [that I was leaving], and he texted me back."

He continued: "We went back and forth for a while, but he had his kids last night and couldn't talk. We are going to talk later today."

Haney did not reveal the reason for his departure, and insisted that he was not fired.

Speaking about Woods's recent sex scandal, he added: "As we all know, Tiger has been through a lot in the past six months, and I really believe that given the chance, mind-free and injury-free, we will all see Tiger Woods play once again like we all know he can."