Sunday, June 27, 2010

'Twilight' writer "burnt out on vampires"

Stephenie Meyer has admitted that she has stopped working on Twilight companion book Midnight Sun.

The author said that she was "burnt out on vampires" and will continue writing the novel after she had taken a break from the topic.

"I want to wait until I'm excited about the material again, and I'm excited about Edward, and that it's something that's motivating," she told MTV News.

"Right now, it feels like homework. And when things feel like homework they go very, very slowly for me. So it's still not a 'It's not gonna happen!' I want to do it when I can do it right."

She added that even celebrity fans of the series have asked about Midnight Sun.

"I was at the Fray concert, and I was hanging out with the guys backstage," she remembered.

"They're really cool, and I was talking to Isaac [Slade] about it. He was like, 'I really want you to do that!' And I was like, 'Oh my gosh! Come on!' You know, I can't get away from it anywhere."