Monday, August 30, 2010

I have compassion for Lohan

Jamie Lee Curtis has revealed that she feels compassion for her former Freaky Friday co-star Lindsay Lohan.

Speaking to OK, Curtis noted that she did not know the facts of the case that recently saw Lohan serve a jail sentence, but she offered her best wishes.

"I just have compassion. I don't know anything about the facts of any of the cases," she said.

The actress added that living one's life in the spotlight from such an early age could be the root of Lohan's problems.

"What I have is compassion that a young child is thrown into the public eye and then has the media onslaught attached to it. Now, she's made choices, I've made choices. We all have to live with our choices. But I feel empathy," she said.

Curtis stated that she believed the "media circus" is to blame for much of the drastic behaviour that celebrities sometimes exhibit.

"These young people are thrust into a 24-7 camera and the thing that makes the press is the most exaggerated behaviours," she explained.

"So then they're thrown out there in this media circus - and I can never judge one of them because I don't know them, but I feel tremendous empathy for this overwhelming set of circumstances. I couldn't handle having a camera on me 24 hours a day."