Saturday, September 4, 2010

Palin "not heartbroken" by Levi Johnston

Bristol Palin has claimed that she is not disappointed by her recent split from fiancé Levi Johnston.

The 19-year-old Alaskan insisted during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno that she has no regrets for calling off her re-engagement to childhood sweetheart and father of her 1-year-old son Tripp last month.

"I'm not disappointed, I'm not heartbroken," she confessed. Her frank response received a round of applause from the studio audience.

"I tried to make it work for my son. It didn't work and I realised that we're not meant to be and I'm just focused on being a good mum."

Palin also stated her belief that Johnston, whose attempts to become mayor of his hometown will be documented in a new reality show, had become a different person since achieving minor celebrity status.

"The guy I fell in love with was a hard-working Alaskan man that didn't want to wear straight-legged jeans and boots and be chased by Radar [Online]," she said. "It's sad to watch."

Palin also commented on her forthcoming appearance on the eleventh season of Dancing With The Stars, revealing that she was informed of her invitation to the show via text message and signed a contract to participate within a week.