Friday, October 22, 2010

I didn't understand my relationship with MJ, says ex-wife Lisa Marie

Michael Jackson's ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley confessed on The Oprah Winfrey show that she failed to understand her relationship with the King of Pop.

"I didn''t understand my relationship with him," UsMagazine.com quoted her as saying.

Though skeptics have labeled their 18-month marriage a sham, Presley, 42, insisted it was the real deal -- though she understands why Jackson''s behavior might cause people to question its validity.

"To some degree, he was a master at manipulating the media," she said.

"I understand that nobody really knew who I was. They just assumed I was going along with something he would be doing....I understand it better now. The manipulation was a survival tactic for him," she added.