Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm not in Bollywood's rat race, says Raima Sen

Actress Raima Sen admits she is getting choosier and wiser about her films, but says it has nothing to do with beating competition in the film industry.

"I am not in any sort of rat race in Bollywood. I don't think I have to do only big banner films and so many films in a year. I have always been choosy...but now I am getting choosier about my work," Raima told IANS in an interview.


The 30-year-old daughter of yesteryears' actress Moon Moon Sen, says she doesn't aspire to be in the league of leading ladies in the glamour industry.

"I am not competitive, I am quite lazy and laid back, and so I just do the best of what I get. I am only bothered about my work, nothing else," she said.

Raima was in the capital Saturday - the first day of the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), where she had come to meet her Mumbai-based designer friend Roma Narsinghania, who made her debut at the event.

Dressed in an onion-coloured outfit designed by Narsinghania, Raima looked at ease and was happy about not having to walk the ramp this time. Her face lit up the moment she was asked about her upcoming projects.

"I have this film called 'Mirch', then 'Memories in March', followed by 'Naukadubi' with my sister Riya and also 'Just Another Love Story'. I have also recently signed one Hindi and one Bengali film. But it's too early to talk about them," said the actress, seen in films like "Parineeta", "Chokher Bali" and "The Japanese Wife".

Raima said though she has worked in movies on a variety of subjects, she has no favourites.

"All I want to do is good work. I have done my share of mistakes in the past - in terms of choosing my films. It won't be right to name any, but I admit that whenever I was in second thought about any project, the decision usually proved to be wrong and those films never worked.

"So now, whenever I have even the slightest of doubt, I refuse it straight away," she said.

Raima has recently finished judging children's reality show "Twinkle Twinkle Dancing Stars" on Bengali entertainment channel Mahuaa Bangla. But she cringes at the idea of appearing on small screen shows like "Bigg Boss".

"I am quite content with my movies. I won't ever go and enter something like 'Bigg Boss'," she added with a smile.