Monday, December 27, 2010

Johnny Depp recalls meeting Paradis

Johnny Depp has described the first time that he fell in love with his eventual wife Vanessa Paradis at a Paris hotel 13 years ago.

Speaking to the Sunday Times, he explained: "I was doing a film with Roman Polanksi, The Ninth Gate, and across the room I saw this woman's back.

"I saw this neck attached to the back, and I was sort of fascinated by it. Honestly, it was a very beautiful sculptural thing. Then suddenly the back and the neck turned, and it had a face."

The pair had met several years before, and Depp revealed that the French singer asked him: "Hi, do you remember me?"

He added: "'I knew it was over - I was done. I was in big trouble from that second on."

Depp's latest movie The Tourist was released in cinemas earlier this month.