Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe: 'No royal wedding fever'

Daniel Radcliffe has said that he wishes Prince William and Kate Middleton all the best, but admits that he hasn't been caught up in royal wedding fever yet.

The Harry Potter star was asked for his thoughts on the impending nuptials on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

"You know, it seems to be a much bigger deal over here than it is at home, from what I'm gathering," he said.

"From the friends I have spoken to, the thing they are most excited about is it means we get a four-day weekend at home! That's the kind of thing that's driving most people."

He added: "I wish them all the happiness in the world but I'm not going as feverish as everyone else seems to [be]."

As for whether he has ever met a member of the royal family, he said: "I've met Fergie. Does that count? I'm not being callous! It's genuinely ignorance. She's still a duchess, right? Yes? So I have [met royalty]."

The royal wedding is scheduled to take place at Westminster Abbey in London on Friday.

Radcliffe was on the NBC show to promote his Broadway production How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, which is currently playing at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre. He can also be seen in the final instalment in the Harry Potter franchise, Deathly Hallows Part 2, which opens at cinemas on July 15.