Monday, April 25, 2011

Nicki Minaj hopes to launch own fragrance

Nicki Minaj has expressed hope that she will be able to launch her first signature fragrance later this year.

Stars including Christina Aguilera and Khloe Kardashian have released their own perfumes in the last few months, and the 'Moment 4 Life' singer has now revealed that she plans to join their ranks.

"Hopefully I'll do one this year," Minaj told Allure magazine. "I like scents that feel summery, but have a va-va-voom. I want to smell like a sexy and confident woman, not like candy."

Minaj also cited 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' musician Cyndi Lauper as one of her earliest fashion influences, saying: "I love Cyndi Lauper's style. I remember watching her as a kid and thinking, 'I don't know who this is, but I want to hang out with her'. Her style looked like a piece of art to me."

Earlier this month, it was announced that Minaj will join Britney Spears as a support act for her upcoming 'Femme Fatale' tour. Spears later caused "complete pandemonium" by appearing at a party hosted by her tourmate.