Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heroine is my movie, "Kareena Kapoor"

Kareena Kapoor has broken her silence on speculation that she may be taking on Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine.

The film was shelved after lead actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan announced her pregnancy.

Kapoor is quoted by the Mumbai Mirorr as saying: "The whole world knows that Heroine is my movie, that it was written for me and Madhur was in talks with me. I couldn't do it because of date problems so he moved on. What happened in between is not my concern.

"I don't have any dates until January next year, so I'm not going to sign on any movie until October. I'm really keen to work with Madhur, but you'll have to wait for an official announcement."

Kapoor was Bhandarkar's original choice for the film but the 30-year-old had reportedly refused the project because she felt the content was too bold for her.

However, Kapoor denied that she had ever insisted on 'toning down' the movie's intimate scenes, saying: "I liked the script that was narrated to me. If the director is open to discussion, we'll talk more ... He brings out a different side to an actor.

"I've always been an experimental actor rather than just a singing-dancing, glamorous star. I made my debut with the off-beat Refugee and did Chameli when I was 22. I'm open to all kinds of cinema."

Although Kapoor was the original choice for the title role, the movie was launched at this year's Cannes Film Festival with Rai Bachchan in the part.