Saturday, July 30, 2011

I would star in a Bollywood movie,"Daniel Craig"

Daniel Craig has said that he would consider starring in a Bollywood film.

The James Bond actor, who is promoting his forthcoming release Cowboys and Aliens, said that he recognises the potential of cinema in India, Mid Day reports.

Craig said: "I think it's a huge market. My last two Bond movies did good business in India."

The actor confirmed that some scenes from Bond 23 will be shot in India.

"Yes, that's true," he said. "And I am absolutely thrilled about it."

When asked if he had any preference for a Bollywood actress who might be cast as a Bond girl, he replied: "I don't know any Bollywood actress personally, but Indian women are very beautiful and they will surely make wonderful Bond girls."

Craig added that while he has an interest in Bollywood, he has not been approached by a producer.

"Nothing has come my way yet, but if things work out then why not?" he said.

Craig will appear as James Bond for the third time in the 23rd instalment of the series.

The film is due for release on October 26, 2012 in the UK and November 9, 2012 in the US.