Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vogue beauty awards 2011 function in Mumbai

Actress Madhuri Dixit won the Bollywood Beauty Legend Award at the Vogue Beauty Awards functionon 2011

Madhuri will also be seen on the cover of the next Vogue magazine called the 'Age Issue' On receiving the award, she told reporters "I have a long way to go before I become a legend, but it is an honour for me to accept this award. Beauty for me is not what is from the outside, but what is in the inside." Actress Anushka Sharma won the award for the Fresh Face of Bollywood. She said, "I hope I receive the Fresh Face award every year, though that does not mean I am scared of ageing. Beauty is a very subjective aspect. What is beautiful for me, might not be beautiful for someone else. For me beauty is how one does things based on their comfort level." Aishwarya Rai Bachchan won the award for the Global Beauty Icon.

Vogue Beauty Awards honour the best beauty products, services and professionals across 54 categories like skin care, make up, hair and many more. It is the second year of the Awards.

The winners were chosen by a jury, comprising of Dia Mirza, Adhuna Akhtar, Simone Singh, Priya Tanna, Mickey Contractor and others who tested the products nominated personally. The jury members were present at the award ceremony.

Priya Tanna, Editor of Vogue India, said the second edition demonstrates the commitment towards beauty. She said, "The overwhelming response we received last year from our readers, industry professionals and experts has encouraged us to further expand these awards, adding a new category to recognise individual talent and celebrate the stunning faces of Bollywood. It's only going to be bigger and better."