Monday, October 24, 2011

Poorna Jagannathan stars in Hollywood comedy

Delhi Belly's Poorna Jagannathan has signed up to star in Hollywood comedy drama Thanks For Sharing.

The movie has an ensemble cast of Tim Robbins, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mark Ruffalo, Josh Gad and Joely Richardson. Poorna is currently shooting scenes for the film in New York.

Speaking to The Hindustan Times, Jagannathan said: "It's eerie. I had mentioned in a magazine interview that I would love to work with Mark and this offer came along. I have known Gwyneth for a long time now. And Tim Robbins is an icon. I couldn't have asked for more.

"This movie's a great black comedy: it's right up my alley. I thought The Kids Are All Right was one of those rare films that you can never forget and I feel so lucky to work with Stuart [Blumberg, director] and be part of such a talented cast."

The story of Thanks For Sharing revolves around a support group for sex addicts, who try and beat their addictions and form meaningful relationships for the first time.

Jagannathan will also be seen alongside the legendary Jane Fonda and Catherine Keener in Bruce Beresford's upcoming comedy Peace, Love & Misunderstanding.

Speaking about the experience of shooting with Fonda, the actress said: "I learnt a lot working with them. Every take Jane did felt different in a subtle way. She watches you like a hawk and reacts to anything you give her. So her acting always appears fresh."