Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Carla accepts Woody Allen film offer

Model-singer Carla Bruni, wife of French president Nicolas Sarkozy, has accepted Hollywood filmmaker Woody Allen's offer to appear in his next

France's first lady, who appeared on Canal television Monday to perform a cover of the "Beatles' And I Love Her" with the American entertainer Harry Connick Jnr, said Allen had asked her to work with him after a visit to Paris in June, guardian.co.uk reports. "Woody Allen kindly asked me not to do a film with anyone else before him," she said, admitting that she had said yes. She did not give any details of the role intended for her. "If anything concrete ever comes of it, it would be a great experience for me," she added. The 42-year-old Bruni said: "I go into everything blindly, or I'd never do anything at all. I am not an actress at all. Maybe I'll be completely hopeless, but I can't miss an opportunity like this one in my life. When I'm a grandmother, I'd like to be able to say I made a film with Woody Allen."