Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lewis Hamilton confirms Nicole Scherzinger split

Lewis Hamilton has confirmed his split with Nicole Scherzinger.

Speaking for the first time following reports of the pair's break-up, the Formula One driver told PA that despite ending their four-year romance he will remain close with the singer and X Factor judge.

Hamilton said: "Yeah, we're friends at least and we can move forward. It's never easy going through tough times.

"It's these kind of times that are sent to try you, and it's about how you pull through them. I've my family who are helping, so I feel pretty good."

The 26-year-old added: "I've many more days coming up with my family over Christmas and all that, so I'm really looking forward to it.

"I'm just trying to look forward now, and we've three good races coming up, so I'm just trying to keep my mind focused on business."