Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working with Shah Rukh Khan on Ra.One was a pleasure'

Kareena Kapoor has spoken about her experience of working on Ra.One.

Talking to Digital Spy, the actress said that she was grateful to be a part of such a landmark movie.

"Just the fact that's it's India's biggest and most ambitious film, and it had me in it, is an absolute honour.

"I've known Shah Rukh and Gauri [Khan] for years and they are very, very dear friends of mine, so just working with [Shah Rukh] is the most pleasurable experience," she said.

Kapoor, who plays Khan's wife in the film, explained that, unlike the other members of the cast, she was not called on to do any stunts.

"That was my condition to signing on for this movie, that I didn't do stunts. I just wanted to be pretty and look glamorous. It was different playing the role of a wife, especially when my last film was as a college student. I love acting. I live for it. I like to play real people," she added.

The 31-year-old star is also due to travel to Blackpool tomorrow (October 27) for the unveiling of her waxwork at Madame Tussaud's touring exhibition.

Speaking about the unveiling, she said: "I'm very happy that my fans in the UK and all the Asian fans wanted me in Madame Tussaud's. It's such an honour. My mum is coming in tomorrow, so she will be there."